- Name: Eight Trigrams Palms Heavenly Spin (八卦掌回天, Hakkeshō Kaiten; English TV "Eight Trigrams Palm Rotation"; ; )
- Type: Kekkei genkai, No rank, Defensive, Short range (0-5m)
- Users: Hyuga Clan
- Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 61
- Debut (Manga): Chapter 101
How It WorksEdit
This jutsu utilizes the chakra control gained through Gentle Fist training to release a huge amount of chakra from the user's chakra points right before being struck. The released chakra blocks any possible attack on the user. The user then spins rapidly to parry the attack, both creating a shield of chakra around themselves and tossing away any nearby attackers.
Damage shielding, possible bruises if enemy runs into shield.
This jutsu is only effective when rotating, since the chakra itself is not enough to stop a physical attack. If they cannot rotate, the user becomes vulnerable. There is also a short time ( two to three seconds ) after the user finishes the move when they are slightly unfocused.
Shielding. To deter close range attackers.
- ↑ First Databook, page 216